Choosing the Best Fertilizer Spreader for Your Yard
The application of fertilizers into the soil for planting a variety of crops is very important but no less important is the method itself, which is used for the application. If you own a small plot on which you grow only berry bushes or flowers, you will need to get the best fertilizer spreader for a small yard that will help you take care of your lawn. But if the area of your yard is large, it is worth considering special technical means for applying fertilizers.
The mechanisms used in the process of fertilizing the soil are divided not only by the type of fertilizers applied but also by functions. There are devices for mixing, grinding, and transporting fertilizers. Actually, the spreader of fertilizers can be used to apply only granulated or fine fractioned dusty fertilizers. There are machines for manure or liquid fertilizers.
There are walk-behind spreaders but there are those that connect to the tractor, which transports them across the lawn. In a small area, you can use a small spreader.
Today, all fertilizer machines are divided as follows:
- By type of fertilizer applied. This can be a special machine, adapted to work with organic or mineral fertilizers.
- By appointment. Functional machinery for the preparation of fertilizers, transport machines, and equipment for the application of fertilizers.
- By the technology of fertilizer application. These include aviation and centrifugal fertilizer spreaders, anhydrous ammonia machinery, liquid fertilizer spreaders, special spreaders and machines for applying pulverized fertilizers, fertilizer drills and fertilizing machines, as well as manure spreaders and slurry spreaders.
- By mobility. Stationary and mobile equipment, among which one can distinguish self-propelled and non-self-propelled (semitrailer, trailed, semi-trailer and mounted spreaders of fertilizers).
- 1 Best Broadcast Spreaders for the Money
- 2 What Is the Purpose of a Commercial Lawn Feed Spreader?
Best Broadcast Spreaders for the Money
There are the following types of machines for applying fertilizers in 2018:
- Machines for the application of organic fertilizers. These are special trailing devices, which have high load capacities, which is very convenient in operation. Such multifunctional equipment can be used all day and work without downtime. The machine works as a fertilizer supplier to the destination, then it also brings it into the soil, and on the way back it can take with it any heavy cargo.
- Machines for the application of mineral fertilizers. Such spreaders can be widely used in your yard. With its help, not only will you be able to feed the lawn with solid or liquid mineral fertilizers but also organize the feeding of a pasture or meadow.
- Machines for applying liquid organic fertilizers. These spreaders have no equal because they can be used not only in cases of applying liquid organic fertilizers into the soil. Among other possible tasks, the spreaders can transport liquid cargo, water, clean the rest of the equipment or even extinguish fires.
Earthway 3400 – Hand Held Spreader for Your Lawn
This spreader is designed for small lawns. It can be used to get fertilizers from a bag, so you do not need to touch the fertilizer that you are scattering. Having a capacity of 1.8 liters, the device provides a quick work on the processing of the necessary areas or the application of reagents on the sidewalks in winter.
- Speed control;
- High-speed manual gearbox;
- Ergonomic handle and front panel design.
Mechanical Spreader Earthway 2030P
This is a multipurpose mechanical spreader with a rotating disc that allows to accurately dissipate fertilizers, seeds or anti-ice chemical reagents (salt, sand, chippings of fine fraction, etc.). It has large pneumatic tires, which allows using the machine on an uneven surface.
This tow behind spreader holds up to 59 kg of dry granular fertilizers. The spreader is professionally designed, with a reliable gearbox and easy controls. The coverage area, depending on the speed and type of substances, is approximately 2,400 square meters.
- Pneumatic wheels of large size for smooth running and maneuverability;
- Quick and easy assembly;
- A universal coupling for lawn mowers and tractors.
Scotts EdgeGuard Mini – Push Fertilizer Spreader
This is a multipurpose mechanical spreader with a rotating disc that allows precise dispersion of fertilizers, seeds or anti-ice chemical reagents.
- Exclusive Scotts EdgeGuard technology;
- No need for the assembly;
- Easy and convenient;
- Multipurpose use;
- A convenient foot switch;
- Ergonomic handle and shutter allows you to make no special effort;
- The width of spread is up to 1.5 m;
- 35 modes.
A Classic Drop Spreader – Scotts Turf Builder
What is the best lawn fertilizer spreader? The answer is Scotts Turf Builder. The spreader is most commonly used by gardeners because it helps you to get the job done easily and for a low price.
The spreader works better than other models that cost two or even three times more.
What Is the Purpose of a Commercial Lawn Feed Spreader?
The direct purpose of the spreader is to minimize the participation of a person in a hard, debilitating work of cultivating the land. As soils are depleted at least 2 times a year – in autumn and spring, gardeners are forced to apply fertilizers. It is better if it is done by professional commercial spreaders.
One of the most popular commercial spreaders are machines of the German company Rauch. Spreaders of mineral fertilizers of this manufacturer, both self-propelled and trailed, are very reliable. The simplicity of construction and the use of only high-quality materials ensure long-term uninterrupted operation, accurate dosing, and uniform fertilization of the soil throughout the working width. These machines do not allow overdose or unauthorized changes in concentration with a change in speed or level of terrain.
Prospread, Easypread, and Protwin Slinger spreaders, manufactured by the French corporation Kuhn, have a lateral and rear discharge device. They ensure accurate dosing and uniformity of adding fertilizer to the soil. They have models with a hydraulic pusher, the designs of which are without chains, that is, unnecessary parts. This French manufacturer encourages its customers to extend the service if the equipment is used properly.
Aggregates of the Danish brand Bogballe are very easy to work with because they have a minimum number of adjustments. The spreading rate is set by the movement of one handle. Disks when spreading fertilizers rotate towards each other. This feature together with a special shape of the blades ensures the necessary uniformity of covering the area. Machines provide an ideal distribution of mixtures at the boundaries of the field and not just in the middle. The spreader is equipped with screens for sieving, which excludes the ingress of lumps or too large fractions on the field.
German company Güstrower offers models with a large working area width – up to 40 m. They are very rational with fertilizers. They can be adjusted to uniformly scatter different amounts of fertilizer mixtures: from 40 to 16,000 kg per 1 ha. You can use various fertilizers: loose, lumpy, bird droppings, compost, manure, etc. High flight trajectory allows you to work not only on an unseeded field but even among grown-up plants. There are special devices that allow you to work among rows of vegetables. Hydraulics drives disks.